But, you know what else happened today? NOTHING CRAZY. Nothing crazy happened today. Well, ok, maybe a little crazy, just a shred, this morning, but alright, like 99% of the day was not batshit insane.
And frankly? Given how things have been going? That makes today just fucking grand, I tell you WHAT.
Also, I must say: everyone hates outlining in law school, and this is because it is the suck. But I find it at least occasionally funny, because I will usually, while I am typing like mad during in my daily classes just trying to get all the notes down, add in my own little jokes or asides, and forget they were in there until I go back and read through my notes. Like, I found this one from Constitutional Law II:
Lawrence v. Texas [majority] says traditionally laws banned oral and anal sex for EVERYONE. In the 70's gay-specific bans were started. We had a long tradition of laws saying you can't have sex unless it's to have children AND GOOD LORD, that would suck. SO, point being, not a long anti-gay tradition with the big, gay sex.And today, I was (whose idea was this?) the one who was writing up all our review work, and included this bullshit, which I forgot until just now, reading through:
Rule 706 - Court appointed experts. WHATEVER. NEVER MIND. DON'T LOOK OVER HERE.Because seriously, guys? Federal Rule of Evidence 706? It is useless. DON'T LOOK OVER THERE.
I am so very special, with the Federal Rules of Evidence.
- 605 - judge can't testify, and if judge does, no need to object if they do, because: you'll just be overruled. CLEEEAAAAARLY
- 606 - no testimony of jury before verdict, after verdict limited circumstances
- Pretty much, can't challenge a jury trial, but CAN challenge events BEFORE jury sits to hear case - like lying during voire dire
- Only allowed to challenge if outside influence or clerical mistake - but meth in the jury room is just fine
- 6C - jury screwed up damages in calculating, and it stayed.
- 611 - Scope of cross is limited to direct, or credibility of witness
- 612 - REFRESH, MOTHAFUCKAS!!! Writing to refresh memory.