Seriously. Feel free to skip this.
If you're still here (no, really, you can go!), can I just ask: why the fuck does everything crappy happen at once? I mean, really. Because in the past three weeks, I have had:
- Four finals and a paper, none of the classes for which I have enjoyed this semester.
- My blog suddenly started getting heavy traffic, and the trolls have come out to tell me how much I suck (Also, dude who calls yourself "Concern Troll" after I called you that? You. Are not. Clever). I now have a folder in my gmail labeled "trolls!" in case I ever want to do anything with the love I am getting.
- Some neocon rightwing wackaloon quoted me on his blog and made an unkind comment about why I must be a former teacher (because I have poor communication skills, was I believe the gist) and this shouldn't bother me, but it does, because I was an awesome teacher, and I miss it, and it's like the equivalent to me of someone talking about my mama. You can talk all the shit about my mama you want, and I won't give a fuck, but talk about or pass judgment on me as a teacher, and I want to behead you (NOT literally). I am not linking, because this asshole doesn't deserve the pageviews.
- Someone I know in real life decided to start being REALLY nasty and try to get at me through the blog and required me to turn on comment moderation in the first place and generally prompted me to start the folder titled "restraining order" in my gmail just in case.
- One of my roommates, who has given the other three of us in the house problems for ages, decided to act even MORE scarily irrational and unhinged than usual and make my life veeeeery difficult to the tune of AT LEAST 15 emails a day FOR THE PAST WEEK, which I then had to send a lawyer friend because she (the roommate) has started threatening to call the police on my roommates and me (for being mean, you guys. Seriously), and have started documenting that in a folder in my gmail labeled "sniveling git."
- I have had to work out all this international-law-conference-in-Dublin stuff for myself and a journal colleague, which is just a pain.
- MY MOTHER KEEPS CALLING ME. This never goes well (see above bit where I don't give a shit if you talk about my mama, because I've probably said worse), but she is in her, "My daughter and I are going to be best friends!" stage of her borderline personality disorder cycle, which I may prefer even less than her, "I am going to be an evil harpy" stage (I know "harpy" is a really sexist term, but fuck it).
- All the news I read is fucking terrible. Seriously, with Arizona, and all the anti-choice abortion bills, and like everything else, the news is just a Major Bummer lately.
So. I have things to write about! That don't involve complaining and do involve a modicum of thought! They're just going to have to wait a bit for now, until I am feeling done with my pity party. It's super fun here, with sad clown napkins and black balloons and no cake AT ALL, just like an empty cake tray to stare at wistfully, but eventually I will be done with it, and ready to move on. And you'll all be the first to know when that happens.
I really hope you are all doing fabulously, my dear Readers. If not, I will totally come to your pity party, too. We can hold one together, and play games like musical chairs where the music is provided by a broken, wheezing accordion and there are no chairs and everyone loses. It will be awesome.